Homemade Spiced Rum Cake
This Spiced Rum Cake is made from scratch! And is sure to be the topper to any special occasion!
Words cant even describe how delicious this spiced rum cake is. It is without a doubt my most requested dessert.
This cake is super, super moist. Soaked in a butter rum syrup&YUM! It is even better if you serve it the next day.
How to make Homemade Spiced Rum Cake
Preheat oven to 325 degrees, and butter and flour a bundt cake pan.
In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, cornstarch, pudding and salt
Using an electric mixer add sugar and softened butter to a medium bowl. Mix until fluffy, then add in eggs, milk, oil, spiced rum and vanilla extract.
Add the wet mixture to the flour mixture and beat on low for 1-2 minutes.
Pour into the bundt pan and bake for 55-60 minutes.
When the cake is almost done heat a medium saucepan on medium low and melt butter. Once melted add sugar and water, whisk and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
Turn off the heat and add the spiced rum and salt and whisk
Turn the heat back to LOW and simmer for 2-3 minutes
Remove the cake from the oven and immediately pour 1/2 the glaze over the cake. Let set 5 minutes to fully soak in.
Invert the cake onto a serving platter. Using a fork or skewer poke several holes. Dont be shy this is how the glaze will soak in.
Slowly drizzle the warm glaze over the holes. If you go to fast to much glaze will run off and puddle at the bottom.
Sprinkle powdered sugar over the top right before serving.
This cake is always a huge hit! But heres some more dessert recipes!
Classic Carrot Cake
No-Bake Mini Chocolate Tarts
Rich and Creamy New York Cheesecake
Chocolate Wafer IceBox Cake
Chocolate Bundt Cake with Ganache Glaze
Serve this Spiced Rum Cake this Holiday season and watch how quickly it disappears.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 55 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3.4 ounce pkg vanilla instant pudding
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup Spiced Dark Rum (I used Sailor Jerry)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
For the Rum Glaze
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup spiced rum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour an bundt cake pan.
- In a large bowl add the flour, baking powder, pudding, cornstarch, and salt and whisk until combined.
- Using an electric mixer add sugar and softened butter and cream together until fluffy. Add in eggs, oil, milk, spiced rum and vanilla. Mix just until combined.
- Add in the flour mixture and mix on low for 1-2 minutes. Pour into bundt pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
For the Rum Glaze
- Heat a medium saucepan on medium low heat and melt the butter. Once melted add in the sugar and water and whisk, simmer 2-3 minutes until sugar is dissolved. Turn off the heat and add the Spiced Rum, salt and whisk. Turn the heat back on and bring to a low simmer (careful not to boil over the sides)
- When the cake is done remove it from the oven. And immediately SLOWLY pour half the glaze over the top. Let is set for 5 minutes.
- Invert the cake into a platter, using a fork poke several holes into the cake. Don't be shy, this is what helps the glaze seep into the cake. Slowly drizzle the rest of the glaze over the cake. You will have some at the bottom of the cake but you don't want to much.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over top before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 1447 Total Fat 33g Saturated Fat 16g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 14g Cholesterol 157mg Sodium 928mg Carbohydrates 237g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 5g Sugar 86g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 24g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.